Wednesday, March 5, 2014

5 Days

 I did what I have been training myself to do...I let myself be vulnerable.  Despite my fears, I opened myself up to the possibilities.  Because of your words...your actions....the emotions I felt  during the conversations we shared, I let go of the oars.    I let the boat drift, confident it would stay on course and sail freely in open waters. I didn’t know for sure where it would dock, but I never thought it would veer so  far off course.    I trusted my instincts...I trusted the friendship we shared....the ship CRASHED into the rocky shore.  I had no power to control it once I put the oars down.  So now I stand  on the shore..... alone, hurt and confused trying to put the pieces together.  Trying not to revert back to the place where fear held me hostage.  Looking for the lesson that I know is hidden behind my tears. Transformation is not by any means a destination....it is a process.  So, I will do what I have always done....retreat into my soul and work on healing.  I will emerge again...better, wiser, stronger....more determined.  I will find the silver lining...embrace the lesson....get back in the boat....put the oars down and continue on my journey.  5 days....beautiful days...memories that will bring a smile to my face in the decades to come.  5 days....a lesson about life, love and acceptance.