Monday, November 7, 2011

Reflection

It's been nine months since I did the unthinkable and quit my job.  The last nine months have been interesting to say the least.  I have been up and down the emotional roller coaster several times.  I was hoping the complexities of life would be more understandable at this point.   Bottom line is that I am getting bored...very bored.  Summer is over and I am terrified that I will be stuck in the house as the cold weather sets in.  I still have no idea what I really want to do with the rest of my life.  I am once again feeling lost.  Where do I go from here?  I enjoy writing, but as of yet no one is knocking down my door with a publishing deal.  I love to cook, however I am slowly realizing my dream of having my own restaurant is being dashed by the fact that I am getting too old to be standing on my feet in a hot kitchen for 16 hours a day.  I can't go back to my past career choice, as I gave much more then I received.  20 years drained the life out of me and I know if I go back it will be my end.  So....now what?  I have realized some hidden talents, but how do I turn them into a venture that will pay the bills?  Too many questions and no answers....now would be a good time for my fairy godmother to make an appearance.  I wont be holding my breath.