Monday, June 13, 2011

You Can Run But You Can't Hide

Why is love so complicated?  I know my random thought from last week states we have a choice....simple or complex.  I seem to always be on the complex side of things.  How do you know you really love someone?  You think at 44 I would have the answer to that one.  But there are days I feel no wiser when it comes to love as I was at 14.   I know my heart flutters when I think of him...I know when I see him I am fixated on his every word.  I know he makes me smile.  I know he can finish my sentences or thoughts at any given moment.  I know he has touched a part of me that has never been touched.  So does this mean its love...that true love we all search a lifetime to find?  I am not sure... but I know I love his smile, his eyes, his laugh, his crazy sense of humor.   I know you are thinking those are the easy things to love about someone else....but I also love his not so nice qualities....his sarcasm, his bluntness, his ability to tell you what you don't want to hear, the way he holds me accountable and does not feed into my insanity.  At times he can be a down right pain in the ass.  But still I love him....the good, the bad and even the ugly...so I love him...but am I in love with him?  What is the difference?  You see here comes the complicated part.  Why does it have to be two separate questions....is being in love with someone different as loving someone?  Thoughts.......