Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

My father was one of God's greatest gifts to me.  I will always cherish his memory and all of the lessons he taught me.  When he left me on March 29, 1999, I thought my world had ended.  However, he taught me to be strong and resilient.  So it would have been a dishonor to him for me to give up.   Even though I dont get to see him, I know he is always with me.  He is part of who I am and he will always be alive in my heart.


A Father's Love
By K. Elvin

© March 1999 All Rights Reserved

You gave me life and watched me grow
You taught me the lessons of trust and respect.
You gave me your unconditional everlasting love.
I grew and learned to love myself and those around me
You showed me compassion and molded my wings
You gave me my freedom and watched me soar
When I flew into obstacles you gave me your strength and protection
When my wounds were healed you gave me encouragement to fly again
My Father’s Love…will be my eternal joy
I will carry all that you have given me
I will be a wiser and more loving person because of knowing you
I will strive to be all that you saw in me
But now it’s your time to fly…So soar with open wings
A joyous soul and brilliant eyes into the Arms of God,
Until the day we can soar together.