Monday, December 6, 2010

Waiting....

Its seems that my luck when it comes to traveling is not the best.  I am waiting in Newark airport for a plane that will be at least an hour late.  It is starting to snow...for those of you familiar with Newark airport a drop of rain will delay flights for days.  However, I am gratefully that the one body scanner they have was not at my security check point.  I wore a body shaper just in case.  Its not bad enough I am aging but now people want to broadcast my flab on scanners. So I am off the LA.  I have not been in California since I left the Navy over 20 years ago.   This should be interesting to say the least.   I was never a fan of LA, not one of those cities that moves me.  But at this point I will take 73 degrees over 30 any day.  As I sit here looking at the various gates...I wonder...where could I escape to?  Tokyo...Paris, Rome....something deep inside of me says just go.  Dump all these bags, cast caution to the wind and run like I'm on fire...to any gate that does not say LAX. Would I be missed, would those people in my life survive without me?  I would sure like to find out:)