Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Made it!

Maybe I was better off stuck in the airport.  I arrived in sunny LA sometime around 6 pm est. time.  The flight was uneventful but seemed to last forever.  I slept most of the time and more then likely scared my fellow passengers with my snoring and or drooling.  Just kidding...I hope.  I arrived at my hotel almost 2 hours after getting into the ride share van.  Between traffic and the fact that way too many people were stuffed in the van ....the ride also seemed to last forever.  May I add the driver could not drive.  As we circled downtown LA dropping people off at their hotels, I was relieved that I was not staying at any of them.  We pulled up to my hotel and it looks lovely from the outside.  I was a bit apprehensive about the neighborhood and after a short walk I still am.   So the neighborhood is not the best, but the hotel lobby is beautiful.  Then I got to my room....not sure what it smells like.  Not sure if the carpet is safe to walk on....not sure I can stay here four nights.  I spent most of the night looking for bed bugs...I am certain they are here and thriving.  The 3 restaurants they bragged about on line...are all closed for renovations.  The gardens that looked so lovely...are not too bad but not worth the bed bugs.  So, I  began looking at the other two hotel options that were presented for the conference.  Lets just say this is the Taj compared to the others.  Guess I will be here fighting the smells, the locals and the bugs until Friday morning.  Wish me luck!